Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Post

So blogging is the new Christmas letter.. and I guess we better get on the bandwagon. I found out you can blog from your cell phone - so this might actually happen. :)

Chad and I are going to Italy next week. Next week - I can't believe it's almost here. of course, this whole year is just flying by.. I hear that happens as you get older.. and considering I'll be officially IN my thirties next month - it could be true.

Back to Italy. We're going to Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Rome, and Pompeii. How cool does that sound?? The trip will be Chad's first to Europe. I'm so excited to go with him! I know he's just going to love it. He's such a fan of history..I can just imagine that the age and beauty of things - buildings, statues, fountains, sidewalks - are going to be fascinating for him..as they are for me.
We just purchased a new camera to record everything on the trip. A Canon Rebel XSi. It's so freakin' sweet. I've taken a ton of random pictures already with it..Chad is getting quite annoyed. :) But I'm trying to learn how to use it so we get some really good pictures on our trip! So I'm learning about aperture and focal points.. Will taught me about white balance.. It's all so fascinating! I think I'm going to have to take a photography class now!

1 comment:

Brad and Deania said...

If you find a class, I'll join ya! I've been trying to learn more about picture-taking as well:)